In a word, it’s the Pinot. Yes, there’s about 9% locally grown chardonnay for crispness and vibrancy, but the rest is pure Sonoma County Pinot Noir. The delicate depth, endless montage of flavors and lush feel on the palate. A taste experience usually found only in sparkling wines costing far more. At Gloria Ferrer, Sonoma Brut is our signature blend. We hope you enjoy it as much we enjoy crafting it for you.
Sorry, we cannot ship this bubbly to LA.
California State Fair 2014
Wine Spectator, June 2014
DOUBLE GOLD – 2014 Grand Harvest Awards
Double Gold – 2013 SF Wine Competition
Double Gold – 2013 Sunset Int’l Wine Competition
GOLD – 2014 Dallas Morning News
GOLD – 2014 San Francisco Chronicle
Gold – 2013 International Wine Competition
User Ratings & Reviews
Delicate pear and floral notes backed by toasty almond. On the palate, one finds lively citrus, toast and apple flavors overlaid with persistent effervescence, a creamy mid-palate and toasty finish.
A tremendously versatile wine that is equally delicious with shellfish, crab, roasted chicken or sushi. Seasoning affinities include lemon grass, fennel and white pepper. Look to hard aged and triple creme cheeses with Meyer lemon compote for the cheese course.
The Sonoma Brut has been carefully crafted entirely from hand-harvested Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes. Over forty different selections of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are planted on our 340-acre estate in the Sonoma Carneros district. It is this viticultural diversity that allows us to consistently produce cuvées with complexity and clear fruit expression. The Brut is dominated by Pinot Noir, a stylistic decision enabling the complex aromatic and palate profile that this red-skinned grape contributes to Brut cuvées.
- 87.9% Pinot Noir, 12.1% Chardonnay
- Sonoma County
- Whole cluster pressed to avoid bitter compounds 20 to 25% of the premiere taille (first press) used to add richness and structure
- Juice is naturally settled overnight (debourbage) to encourage a clean fermentation
- Proprietary yeast used for the second fermentation provides a delicate house signature
- Blend of 20 different base wines fermented in stainless steel tanks at 55F to 60F
- Wine spent a year and a-half en tirage (on the yeast)
- Gluten Free
- pH: 3.21,
- Total Acidity: 0.68g/100 ml,
- Alcohol: 12.5%,
- Dosage: 12.8 g/L