Blanc de Noirs
This wine is a showcase for what’s possible when you spend over 25 years coddling and cultivating Carneros Pinot Noir for sparkling wine. Gloria Ferrer Blanc de Noirs is not shy about its Pinot Pedigree. You see it in the light blush coloring, taste it in the fresh berry flavors and feel the lush textures. We left it on the skins a little longer, so you can take a little longer to savor the full montage of flavors.
Sorry, we cannot ship this bubbly to LA.
95 Points – Best of Class
California State Fair 2014
Press Democrat North Coast Wine Challenge, 2014
DOUBLE GOLD – 2013 Sonoma County Harvest Fair
Gold – 2013 Pinot Noir Shootout
Gold – 2013 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition
GOLD – 2014 Affairs of The Vine
GOLD – 2014 Dallas Morning News
User Ratings & Reviews
Bright strawberry and black cherry aromas with subtle vanilla highlights. Creamy cherry, lemon and cola flavors combine with a lush palate, small, lively bubbles and a persistent finish.
Outstanding with crab, Thai cuisine, roast pork, quail, foie gras or semi-sweet desserts. Seasoning affinities include star anise, plum sauce and tarragon. Look to triple aged gouda or hard aged cheeses with persimmons and hazelnuts for the cheese course.
Our Blanc de Noirs is predominantly made from hand-harvested Pinot Noir grapes, the hallmarks of which are a vibrant red fruit character. The creamy palate and rosy hue are a result of a small addition of Vin Gris, which was blended into the base cuvée. Over forty different clones and selections of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are planted on our 340-acre estate in the Sonoma Carneros district. This allows us to consistently produce cuvées with complexity and clear fruit expression.
- 92% Pinot Noir, 8% Chardonnay
- Whole cluster pressed to avoid bitter compounds
- Juice is naturally settled overnight (debourbage) to encourage a clean fermentation
- Proprietary yeast used for secondary fermentation provides a delicate house signature
- Cuvee is a blend of 18 different base wines fermented in stainless steel tanks 55F to 60F
- 5% to 7% cold-soaked Pinot Noir juice (Vin Gris) is blended into the base wine for color and to establish the creamy notes in the finish
- Wine spent a year and a-half en tirage (on the yeast)
- Gluten Free
- pH: 3.07,
- Total Acidity: 0.73g/100 ml ,
- Alcohol: 12.5%,
- Dosage: 13.7 g/L