Recipe created by 2017 Glorious Bites Semi-Finalist: Merry Graham livef California
Congratulations to Merry, one of our four Glorious Bites semi-finalists in Minneapolis.
- 2 tbsp of whole leaf tarragon
- 1 tbsp of Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut
- 1 oz of orange marmalade
- 4 oz of feta cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz of mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz of Burrata Cheese dependent on size of Naan
- 2 tbsp of Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Brut
- 1 tbsp of chopped tarragon
- 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (optional dependent on level of heat in sausage)
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp of lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 8 oz of ground Hot Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup of chopped cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar
- 2 whole of large Garlic Naan or 3 medium
- 2 tbsp of Gloria Ferrer Tuscan Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400*F.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, heat olive oil. Fry both sides of Naan to add crispness, about 1-2 minutes on each side. Set Naan aside on a paper towel.
- Using the same frying pan with hot olive oil, stir in coconut sugar, red onions, and mushrooms. Cook and stir onions and mushrooms 3 minutes.
- Add sausage, lemon-pepper, smoked paprika, garlic and sea salt. Cook, stir, and break apart sausage 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Add red pepper flakes, tarragon and Sonoma Brut and simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes to meld flavors.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, place Naan. Thinly slice enough Burrata to cover each Naan and top with sausage and cranberry mixture. Spread sausage and cranberries to within 1/4-inch of edge. Bake in center of oven for 8 minutes or until Burrata has melted.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before cutting with a pizza wheel. Meanwhile, in a mini food processor mix mascarpone, feta, marmalade, and Sonoma Brut until almost smooth. Set aside.
To serve: Cut each Naan into 3-4 serving size pieces. Top the warm Spicy Sausage and Cranberry Burrata Naan with Creamy Marmalade Feta so that the cheese spread melts into the Naan. Yum! Garnish with tarragon leaves.
Makes 4 servings