Recipe created by 2017 Glorious Bites Semi-Finalist: Lisa Keys of Pennsylvania
Congratulations to Lisa, one of our four Glorious Bites semi-finalists in Boston.
- 1 tsp of fresh chives for garnish
- 1 whole of lemon, sliced for garnish
- 1/16 tsp of white pepper
- 1 tsp of honey
- 2 tsp of sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of quality mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of minced jalapeno
- 1 whole of green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup of fresh cooked or frozen corn kernals, thawed
- 1 whole of cooked lobster tail, small dice
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 whole of eggs, separated
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of fine sea salt
- 1 tsp of freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 cup of cake flour
- In large bowl, whisk cake flour, baking powder, sugar, lemon zest, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk and 3 tablespoons of melted butter. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients; whisk until blended.
- Beat egg whites until just stiff peaks form. Fold half the egg whites into the batter to lighten it. Fold in remaining egg whites until no white streaks remain. Fold in lobster, corn, celery, green onions and jalapeno.
- Brush the wells of an ebelskiver pan with some of remaining melted butter and place over medium heat.
- Fill each well to the top with batter, about 2 tablespoons per well. Cook cakes for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly brown and crisp on the bottom.
- Using 2 wooden skewers, turn cakes and cook on other side, about 2 or 3 minutes more. Transfer to platter; keep warm in oven. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sriracha, honey and white pepper until well mixed. Serve warm cakes with Sriracha Aioli.
- Garnish with chives and lemon. Combine all ingredients in small bowl; blend well.
Makes 6 servings