Sonoma Brut Magnum 1.5 L
Nothing gets the party popping like a magnum of great sparkling wine. At 1.5 liters, this big bubbly doubles the fun of a regular bottle.
Magnums cannot be shipped with 750 ML bottles
Wine Enthusiast Magazine’s Advance Buying Guide, November 2013
Best Buy, Wine & Spirits
Double Gold – 2013 SF Wine Competition
Gold – 2012 California State Fair – Best of Class
Gold – 2012 Tasters Guild International
Gold – 2013 International Wine Competition
User Ratings & Reviews
Delicate pear and floral notes backed by toasty almond. On the palate, one finds lively citrus, toast and apple flavors overlaid with persistent effervescence, a creamy mid-palate and toasty finish.
A tremendously versatile wine that is equally delicious with shellfish, crab, roasted chicken or sushi. Seasoning affinities include lemon grass, fennel and white pepper. Look to hard aged and triple creme cheeses with Meyer lemon compote for the cheese course.
The Sonoma Brut has been carefully crafted entirely from hand-harvested Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes. Over forty different selections of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay are planted on our 340-acre estate in the Sonoma Carneros district. It is this viticultural diversity that allows us to consistently produce cuvées with complexity and clear fruit expression. The Brut is dominated by Pinot Noir, a stylistic decision enabling the complex aromatic and palate profile that this red-skinned grape contributes to Brut cuvées.
- 91.2% Pinot Noir, 8.8% Chardonnay
- Whole cluster pressed to avoid bitter compounds
- 20 to 25% of the premiere taille (first press) used to add richness and structure
- Juice is naturally settled overnight (debourbage) to encourage a clean fermentation
- Proprietary yeast used for the second fermentation provides a delicate house signature
- Blend of 20 different base wines fermented in stainless steel tanks at 55F to 60F
- Wine spent a year and a-half en tirage (on the yeast)
- pH: 3.21,
- Total Acidity: 0.68g/100 ml ,
- Alcohol: 12.5% ,
- Dosage: 13g/Liter