2008 Carneros Pinot Noir 375 ML
One of our most celebrated estate Pinot Noirs, from one of our most challenging and rewarding vintages. The small format offers the rare chance to taste this exceptional wine with a few extra years in the bottle. It also makes a fabulous gift for out of town guests.
This wine can only be shipped to the following states: CA, DC, ID, IN, MD, NE, NM, NV, OR, VT, WI
User Ratings & Reviews
Ripe plum and black cherry fruit aromas followed by hints of mint and fresh herbs announce this delicious Pinot Noir. On the palate, this wine displays complexity and roundness with flavors of cherries jubilee and fresh berries followed by a lingering dry finish.
Delicious with duck breast, lamb chops, wild mushroom risotto, roast chicken or grilled salmon. Try Manchego or Fontina for the cheese course. Seasoning affinities include dried citrus peel and berries along with shaved fennel.
Eleven soil types and a variety of Pinot Noir clones and selections, varied terrain plus the daily effects of cooling summer breezes and morning fog combine to produce exceptional wine from our 335-acre estate vines in Carneros. As our understanding and development of our terroir grows, our estate Pinot Noir gains complexity and consistency. This is the 19th Carneros Pinot Noir we have released.
- 100% Carneros Estate Pinot Noir
- Carneros Estate
2008 will be remembered by Carneros grape growers as a challenging year. It was one that required more attentive care of the vines. Record frost in March and April damaged some of the vines, followed by an unusual dry spell which caused the fields to be lighter and slightly overripe. Despite the year’s challenges, the fruit quality was excellent as the lower yields produced highly concentrated fruit flavors.
- UCD32, Wadenswil 2A, Dijon 115, Martini 13 and Pommard were the primary clones used for this blend
- Individual vineyard lots were destemmed, partially crushed and cold-soaked for three days to extract color and aromas
- Thrice daily punchdown and pumpover regimes were tailored to each lot to extract fruit character and minimize bitterness
- Made exclusively from free run juice
- Barrel aged for nine months in medium-plus toast 100% French oak barrels (33% new) coopered by Damy, Billon, Francois Frères and Cadus
- Bottle unfined
Case Production -
- pH: 3.65,
- Total Acidity: 0.61 g/100 ml ,
- Alcohol: 13.5%,